I would love to share the best and most effective leg workout routine. It is important to keep the legs in mind when creating the perfect body. I strive for a well balanced appearance and understand that working the legs is essential.
Leg workouts can be grueling, which is why so many individuals tend to concentrate on other areas of the body. However, I want to explain how you can be taken seriously by other lifters. The best way to accomplish this is to get working on the legs.
Since the legs are utilized for all sorts of activities, giving them a true workout may be challenging. The exercise must be intense. Working hard will help expand the muscle fibers in the area and end with strong looking legs.
I designed the following leg workout for experienced lifters. In a short amount of time, results will be evident.
Intense Leg Workout Exercises
Before beginning these exercises, I always warm up. I walk on the treadmill a bit, then I head to the squat rack for a few light sets. Finally, I proceed onto my leg workout routine. The exercises consist of:
- Four sets of squats (8 to 12 reps)
- Three sets of walking dumbbell lunges (10 each leg)
- Three sets of leg presses (10 to 12 reps)
- Three sets of quad extensions (12 to 15 reps)
- Three sets of lying leg curls (12 to 15 reps)
- Four sets of standing barbell calf raises (10 reps)
- Three sets of calf presses (10 reps)
To end my leg workout, I head back to the squat rack and place up to 40 percent of my max on the bar. I squat and do two sets with 20 reps. This gives me optimum burn and maximum muscle growth. The routine is not finished without at least 10 minutes of stretching. Stretching after exercise will lower muscle fatigue and speed recovery time.
Benefits From Training Your Legs
I have found that there are numerous benefits that come along with training my leg muscles. These include:
- Heightened Flexibility. When leg muscles are not properly exercised, the muscles remain short. Short muscles are likely to tear or become injured during vigorous activity. They can also place an extra strain on the back. Training the legs will increase overall flexibility throughout the body.
- Extra Testosterone. Leg exercise is a great way to increase testosterone, a natural muscle building hormone. Not only does this help to bulk up the body, it also eliminates the chances of developing depression and low sex drive. Also, I have learned that men with low testosterone levels may have a higher likelihood of developing heart disease or dementia. In the end, leg exercise will benefit overall health.
- Increased Overall Muscle Strength. Strong legs enhance the strength necessary to perform upper body lifts. This increases the potential to develop more upper body muscle. For instance, squats and deadlifts help me strengthen my legs. When my legs are strong, it is easier to tackle the Overhead Press.
- Increased Mental Strength. Some of the most difficult exercises involve the legs. I find that a solid leg workout routine can be physically and mentally exhausting. This means that practicing these exercises increases mental endurance.
- Burned Fat and Calories. The legs account for a great amount of muscle mass. When they are strong, metabolism rises and calories and fat are burned efficiently. Also, legs take more time to recover after strenuous exercise. This keeps metabolism high for longer as well.
- No More Chicken Legs. After I started my leg exercises, I immediately noticed how balanced my body began to look. No longer was I worried that my legs appeared out of proportion to my upper body.
I have placed a great deal of time and thought into a plan that will bring many benefits to people who want to increase leg muscle. The above leg workout routine changed the way I look and the strength I possess in my body.
After following the routine once a week, I have noticed increased flexibility, muscle strength, mental endurance, fat burning ability, and a more symmetric body appearance. Even though it may seem intense, it will be worth the results.