Everybody knows that the right food can make all the difference in your workout. It doesn’t matter whether you are trying to bulk up or slim down, eating makes all the difference.
If you want to get your gains to become even more noticeable, I highly recommend checking out some of these high protein recipes.
They are all designed to be extremely easy to make and delicious to prepare, so no matter what type of exercise routine you are undergoing, you’ll love the way it tastes.
Try not to alter too much of these high protein low carb recipes when it comes to keeping their ingredients the same.
Balsamic Chicken Breast
This is one of the best easy high protein recipes you can enjoy because of how well rounded it is. You make your chicken with some vegetable brown rice and kale, all of which is lightly sauteed in olive oil. This recipe serves two, and you will just need a few simple ingredients.
- Get three tablespoons of olive oil,
- two chicken breasts,
- one tablespoon of chopped shallots,
- a quarter of a cup of balsamic vinegar,
- a teaspoon of minced garlic,
- a teaspoon of chopped basil,
- a teaspoon of salt,
- a quarter of a teaspoon of black pepper,
- and an eighth of a teaspoon of bay leaf powder.
With your ingredients set aside, begin by placing the skillet pan over a medium heat. Slowly add olive oil to it and heat for at least thirty seconds.
Once the oil is hot, add your chicken breasts and brown on each of the sides.
Add the shallots after and cook until the shallots are browned, then slowly add the balsamic vinegar to the mix.
Add all of the remaining slices after and then turn your heat to a medium low, where you can cook for five to seven minutes.
Afterwards, remove your chicken breasts and then serve with the desired veggies or clean carbs. To make the flavor even better, pour on the remaining liquid.
Broiled Asian Cod
This is another delicious and easy to make recipe. I recommend serving it with bok choy, which offers an incredible amount of vitamins with low calories.
- To make this delicious meal, you will need half of a cup of honey,
- a quarter of a cup of apple cider vinegar,
- a quarter of a cup of soy sauce,
- a quarter of a cup of sesame oil,
- a teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger,
- an eighth of a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper,
- two pinches of sea salt,
- and two cod fillets.
Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the cod fillets, in a larger bowl.
After the ingredients are mixed, put the cod into the bowl. Submerge your cod in this mixture and allow them to marinate. Doing so overnight can be best, but it is okay to wait as long as an hour if you are in a hurry.
After it is ready, preheat your oven to 425 Fahrenheit (220° Celsius) and remove your cod from your bowl.
Place it on a cookie sheet that is coated with cooking spray, and pour the leftover mixture over the cod for a bit of extra flavor.
After this is done, cook your fillets for up to ten minutes. Once it is done, you can serve with your own choice of vegetables and carbs for the best results.
Here is a simple favorite.
- To make, you will need four tablespoons of olive oil,
- six pounds of ground turkey,
- two garlic cloves,
- a medium onion that is roughly chopped,
- two celery stalks cubed into one inch squares,
- six baby carrots,
- two cans of diced tomatoes,
- a cup of chicken broth,
- a teaspoon of sea salt,
- half a teaspoon of ground black pepper,
- and a quarter of a teaspoon of bay leaf powder.
Begin by pouring the oil into a pot over a medium heat.
Stir in the ground turkey until it is lightly browned.
Cook for three minutes and then add your garlic, celery, onions, and carrots.
Cook this mixture for five minutes, and then bring it down to a simmer after you add the broth and tomatoes.
Add the spices and stir occasionally for an hour.
Lean Beef Meat Loaf
Keep this recipe lean and use ground sirloin steak.
- To make, you will need six pounds of ground beef,
- one half of a medium onion to be chopped,
- a can of tomato paste,
- a chopped clove of garlic,
- two tablespoons of chopped red and green bell peppers,
- three tablespoons of bread crumbs,
- one whole egg,
- a teaspoon of parsley,
- a quarter of a teaspoon of salt and pepper,
- half a pound of potatoes cut into wedges,
- and half a cup of chicken broth.
To make this, preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit (220° Celsius) and combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, leaving out the broth and potatoes.
Shape the meat loaf in whatever shape you want, but keep it about three inches thick.
Place it on the baking pan after. Place the wedges around the meatloaf and then put it all into the oven to bake for thirty minutes.
Remove it when it is ready and enjoy a slice after!
Broiled Ginger Salmon
- For this recipe, you will need two salmon fillets,
- two teaspoons of peanut oil,
- two tablespoons of chopped garlic,
- a tablespoon of chopped ginger,
- a tablespoon of chopped lemongrass,
- half a cup of asparagus tips,
- half a cup of halved brussels sprouts,
- half a cup of snow peas,
- half of a red pepper to be sliced,
- a quarter of a cup of soy sauce,
- two tablespoons of water,
- and an eighth of a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
To make this, preheat your oven to 425 Fahrenheit (220° Celsius) and put your fillets on a tray to set in the oven.
Cook your fillets for twelve minutes and then add peanut oil to a skillet.
Heat the oil for 20 seconds and then add the garlic, lemongrass, and ginger.
Stir this quickly and then add the snow peas, red bell pepper, asparagus, and brussels sprouts.
Cook these for one minute before adding the soy sauce, water, and salt and pepper. After five minutes, top your salmon with these vegetables.
There you go, 5 delicious recipes that are high in protein and low in carbs. Perfect for bodybuilding and for weight loss!
Check Dave Ruel’s Anabolic Cooking cookbook for more delicious recipes. You can download 10 sample recipes from his book here.